Thursday 24 June 2010

Review: Castlebed feat Durand Ross - I Can Do Bad

01. Andy Ward Remix

02. Andy Ward District 9 Dub Rework

03. Original Extended Mix

04. Uncle Milty Lake Shore Drive Remix

05. Funkstramental Dub

06. Andy Ward Acapella

Released yesterday on Andy Wards label Sounds of the Booth, this six tracker is one to go get..... With a classic sound to all the tracks the Ep commands respect!!

Stand out track of the Ep for me is Andy's 'District 9 Dub Rework', as everyone knows I love a dub but this one is especially nice an gritty with a host of intricate sounds merged together and a stab that is potent. Im also feeling the "Extended Original Mix" hot stuff..... Also in there is Uncle Milty from the windy city Chicago, with a bass driven adaption from the original.

Castlebed is actually Rustin Davis, an experienced music man out of Florida who has several releases over the last decade under his belt, who has teamed up with vocalist Durand Ross who has a classic smooth sound about him.

Andy said "Durand Ross has been contacting me for a few years now, constantly sending me songs for consideration to work on a project with him.. as soon as I heard “I Can Do Bad” I knew this was the track for the label. A fantastic talent with a promising songwriting career ahead of him, he is a rare commodity who prefers to shun the limelight and let his words do the talking."

This Ep is definitely full drive an finesse and in my personal opinion it has a definite Mood ii Swing/K.O.T feel and will be receiving full support from myself and I'm sure a whole host of others.

Go get your copy now.........
Castlebed feat Durand Ross - I Can Do Bad (Inc Andy Ward and Uncle Milty Remixes) - Traxsource.com - the best House Music WAV and MP3 downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment