Monday 6 September 2010

Roy Matthews (Vinyl Factory) Interview

After I had a lot of good feedback on my how vinyl is made post, I thought I'd hit you with a little knowledge. I found this interview by Chris Tubbs with Roy Mattews on vinyl plants....

Roy Matthews is a legend in the field of vinyl record production, an engineer who’s spirited passion for vinyl is literally mapped into the tireless, steaming presses that produce the finest records in the UK at Vinyl Factory, the ex EMI pressing plant just outside London.

Roy’s been working in his field for 45 years; it’s probably fair to say that what the man doesn’t know about vinyl production isn’t worth knowing. Here we talk about what makes a great pressing, Roy dispenses some great advice to young label upstarts and I get a tour of the factory. Enjoy!

Roy Matthews (Vinyl Factory) Interview from Christopher Tubbs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment