Monday 17 May 2010

Review of restless souls, Inspiration Information.

As always I start off the week with my reviews if I have been out. So this week I went down to restless souls night Inspiration Information, as they had special guest Shuya Okino from the Kyoto Jazz Massive, who was in town for a one night only extravaganza.

When I touched down Phil Asher was downstairs bussin' out pure jazz/boogie/soul heat straight from vinyl, warming up nicely for Patrick Forge to come on and heat up the decks.



Patrick stepped up to really turn up the tempo with an eclectic selection, that got the crowd stepping in the name of boogie.



Then came Shuya's turn who played a very educated set, playing sounds from the world over yet he played in a very traditional Japanese manner by which I mean he was very safe, I personally wanted for him to go a bit further outside the box. Having said this I thoroughly enjoyed his set and would definitely recommend going to hear him play.

So yet again I must say another solid night co-ordinated by the restless soul fam, biggups to Phil Asher for again picking a wicked special guest. Check out the video below.....

No comments:

Post a Comment